Gas safety for Landlords, Letting agents and Tenants
Cottrell Plumbing and Heating specialise in providing a fast and efficient response for both planned maintenance and emergency breakdown cover for Landlords and Letting agents.
As a landlord, you are legally responsible for the safety of your tenants in relation to gas safety. By law you must:
- Repair and maintain gas pipework, flues and appliances in safe condition
- Ensure an annual gas safety check on each appliance and flue
- Keep a record of each safety check
You should also keep your tenants informed about their responsibilities while they are staying in your property.
Get your gas appliances safety checked every year
Gas appliances that are left unchecked could be dangerous and leaking carbon monoxide
All of your gas appliances, including your gas boiler, gas cooker and gas fire should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly according to manufacturer’s instructions. If you do not have your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer you could be putting you and your family at risk and in possible danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.
What is a gas safety check?
A gas safety check involves a Gas Safe registered engineer inspecting your gas appliances. They will check the appliance is working correctly and will check the following four areas:
- Gas appliances are on the right setting and burning correctly with the correct operating pressure
- Harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
- That any ventilation routes are clear and working properly
- All the safety devices are working
The check will identify any defects which require remedial work. You should have a gas safety check every year. If you are a landlord this is the law.
Landlord CP12 gas safety inspection in the Oxford area from as aliitle as £30 plus vat
Boiler servicing from as little as £60 plus vat.
Call today to arrange an appointment.